A couple weeks ago my brother approached me to help him with building a website for Westport Rotary’s Lobster Fest. I obliged and helped build the site at: The Rotary’s Website.
I started off by sketching a lobster in Paper:
Then I started thinking, my goals in creating the site were:
- Provide more style than the standard rotary site
- Keep Westport Rotary looking professional, while still allowing the Lobster Fest to be fun
- Make the site clean and readable
- Use their Point of Sale (POS) system from Authorize.net
In case they take it down, you can see it on my projects. For a look at where it started you can see the old page here.
All in all, I feel it is a big improvement. Here are some other things I would have done if I decided to spend more time on it:
- Use graphics to highlight the date (calendar), time(clock), and location(pin) on the page
- Provide maps to the locations to buy the tickets in person (though it is a relatively small town and this probably isn’t needed)
- Add the Rotary Logo
- Take some credit by putting my name at the bottom