I’m looking to find a way to volunteer some of my time to help a program or multiple programs develop. Through my 25 years of cheerleading experience, I’ve had some great coaches who have helped me develop and I’m looking to pay it forward.
My philosophy about cheerleading is based on the root of the word, leading fans in cheers. Progressions through motions, jumps, time, and cheers are foremost. Learning safety progression of tumbling and stunting comes in second. I’m a strong proponent of safety first, and have been ACCAA certified for most of my cheerleading career (currently lapsed, but would consider taking it again).
San Francisco State University
May 2010 – May 2020
Various Coaching Positions from Head to Assistant. Depending on the need of the team in the given season. Worked with the team to bring them from a local team to a competitive level. Got second place in USA Collegiate Nationals in our small coed division.
Woodside High School
Aug 2008 – Dec 2009
Head Cheerleading Coach – oversaw the development of the program. Helped the school purchase proper safety equipment and brought the team to local and USA competition.
Mar 2006 – Feb 2008
Tumbling Coach – led tumbling classes of all levels. Hand spotted and ran drills students ranging from 8 to 22.
Greenwich Tumble and Cheer
Jun 2005 – Dec 2005
Tumbling Coach – as part of the beginning of the gym, helped to put together the tumbling classes to grow the program.
Liberty Cheer Institute
Oct 2003 – May 2005
Tumbling Coach – worked with a team of additional tumbling coaches to instruct all the athletes on the all-star teams as well as additional local high schools.
American Cheer Express
June 2002 – Aug 2002
Summer Camp Instructor – Taught cheerleading camps across the northeast from Virginia to New York.
Dec 2009 – Mar 2015
- Cheered on their Coed Level 6 Open program (“Kings”)
- Competed across the west coast, including Sacramento, CA, and Las Vegas, NV.
- Part of the 2010 Coed Open Jamz National Champions
- Competed at Worlds
May 2008 – Apr 2009
- Competed at USA College Nationals in Anaheim, CA
Sep 2005 – Feb 2008
- Competed with the program for two and half seasons.
- Competed across the northeast, including Providence, RI, Atlantic City, NJ, Baltimore, MD
- Was part of the five-time national champs Onyx Coed Open team in 2008.
Liberty Cheer Institute
May 2004 – Apr 2005
- Cheered on their first college coed program as the only male.
- Competed in several All-Star competitions in the Philadelphia Area and at Reach The Beach in Myrtle Beach MD.
Apr 2001 – May 2005
- Varsity Team Member four out of four years.
- Cheered for Football, Basketball, Competition, and additional University events including Special Olympics.
- Was part of nationals competition teams:
- 2002-UCA Collegiate Nationals Division 1 Coed 12th place
- 2003-NCA Collegiate Nationals Division 1 Small Coed 8th place
- 2004-UCA Collegiate Nationals Division 1 Small Coed 2nd place
- 2005-UCA Collegiate Nationals Division 1 Small Coed 8th place
- 2005-Reach the Beech Myrtle Beech MD 2nd place
- Remains actively involved with the program as an alumni member, providing advice and support wherever possible.
Staples High School
Aug 1999 – May 2001
- Cheered for football basketball and competition seasons.
- Was named a member of the 2001 All FCIAC team.
- 2001 All FCIAC Team
Sayre High School
Sep 1998 – Mar 1999
- Participated as the school’s Spartan mascot.
- Took external tumbling lessons at the pep club.
Harriton High School
Oct 1997 – Mar 1998
- Part of newly formed coed cheerleading program with 4 boys.
- Appeared at high school basketball games and school rallies.